Friday, June 5, 2015

Kindness and Encouragement

Today I went to Wells Fargo to open a savings account for our adoption.  The banker was very kind and asked a lot about our journey.  Very little of our conversation was about the financial aspect of our adoption,  but he did ask how we planned to raise the money.  I told him about our upcoming $20,000 in 20 days campaign (we are shooting for September or October).  He asked me to let him know when we start the campaign and to give him a handout with our story on it.  He wants to share it at their staff meeting and ask the 20 bank employees to each donate $20.

I was floored.  And in tears.  His kindness encouraged me today and reminded me why we plan to do this campaign.  It is so tangible.

I love the photo below.  To me, each balloon symbolizes the encouragement of one person.  When those balloons all come together, there is great power and something great can really take flight!


No comments:

Post a Comment